Starting Problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Starting Problems

Bill Hopkins I have a 1977 MF 34-A, 4 cylinder, gravity feed, gasoline engine. To initially start it is almost impossible! I have to spray engine starting fluid into the air cleaner port to get it started initially. Once I have done that, I can turn it on and off all day long and it starts just fine. But the next day, it will not start again and I have to repeat the process. What is going on here? Can anyone help me? Thank you.
Henry Sounds like the fuel is draining back to the tank. You could try installing a low pressure fuel pump, they're cheap and develope about 3-7 psi. They are usually instaled inline close to the tank.
Phil Gas engine , cold starting problem, Have you checked that choke butterfly is operating properly ?
Bill Hopkins No I haven't checked that and I'll look into it. Thanks very much for the info.
Bill Hopkins Thanks for the info re. the inline fuel pump. I'll also look into that. I didn't know they existed, so I appreciate the info......thanks.
ed johnson How can I by pass seat safety switch to starter

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: