front spindle bushings

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

front spindle bushings

joe hermanek i replaced the front spindle bushings top &bottom now i can't get the spindle to go in someone told me to get a adjustable reamer & ream the bushings down will that work? if so is the inside of the bushing bronze ? i got them from agco they are a factory part they look a little different on the inside verses the outside the outside looks like steel if this is possible can i use a 1/2 drill to do this i don't want to take of the front axle thanks !
Ian in Jersey The correct tool is a non-adjustable reamer which your AGCO dealer will have. He might lend or hire it to you, or ream the spindles for you - both sides will take no more than 20 minutes. You don't need to take off the whole front axle, just the outer axles - two bolts each. If you were to use a drill you will damage the bores of the bushes, the grease will pour out and your spindles will be loose, defeating the work of fitting new bushes.
Regards
Ian

Ian in Jersey Sorry, just been reading about a 35X and thought this was your tractor - you don't say what tractor you have?
My comments may not apply - spindles are certainly more than the half inch you quote.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: