Buying a 1957 MF35

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Buying a 1957 MF35

Tim I'm looking at buying a MF35 for use on a 10acre piece of property. Basically just need it for food plot maintenance, dragging out logs and working a driveway. I don't have much expierience with Ferguson so I appreciate any input. Here's the add...

1957 Ferguson 35 tractor. 20 hours since rebuild new hoses, belts, wiring, lights, footboards, brush gaurd, 3-point hitch. Brand new tires front and back. Back tires are over sized. 6 speeds forward 2 reverse. 35 horse 540 PTO. $2500

1. Does this sound like a reasonable price?

2. Are parts easy to come by for this model?

Thanks for the help,
Tim

GEEBEE Tim, if the tractor is as described i would consider that to be a "steal". It sounds like it would be an ideal tractor for your purpose. Parts are readily available and they are a great little workhorse. HTH.
pcctim Thanks! I was really hoping to hear something like that. Tough to find a decent "working" tractor at a reasonable price.
Fred T. Hart Jr. I have a 1957, TO-35 and I would not sell it for anything near that price. My neighbor bought a MF 35, about a 1960 model for close to the same money.

Remember in an old tractor, like a old truck, its all in the condition of the tractor that counts, one much newer, but has been abused from lack of maintenance or running over stumps, would be worth less than an older tractor that had been well cared for.

One thing to look for in these old tractors, start it up and let it run for a while. Raise/lower lift a number of times, then check hydraulic fluid level with lift arms in the up position.

Drive tractor around some and try to get motor up to operating temp. Now while its running look under tractor, about area of clutch petal, should see a carter pin upside down sticking out of transmission housing. See if oil is dripping out of this weep hole.

Old transmission shafts do wear and will leak oil at this point.

Again, good luck with your tractor,

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: