MF 670 Lift Problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 670 Lift Problem

Ron Nickels My 670 Hyd. filter light is coming on even when warm. I changed it about a month ago and light went out for several hours use then started coming on again. It does go off sometimes. Now the lift will lift a bale of hay and hold but with nothing on lift it goes down when running above idle. When it does this you can stop and idle the tractor down and the lift will raise. Any help appreciated.
Geoff Gane Ron I have never seen an MF 670 but assume it's the same as the rest of the 600 series tractors (UK spec). There must be something blocking your filter either something is or has broken up in the back end/transmission and all the bits and pieces are clogging the filter..OR ..you have a faulty filter...I have experienced that problem before...the reason you can get your lift to operate when its on low revs is quite simply it can draw enough oil through a partially blocked filter when the demand for flow is low but as soon as you need more it can't cram /suck enough through the filter because of the obstruction....hope this helps you....Best regards....Geoff

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: