TO-35 4cyl. gas - serial# 84543

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO-35 4cyl. gas - serial# 84543

Frank Cox My name is Frank Cox and I have what I think is a TO35 - serial# 84543 on the dash plate. It was bought new by my grandfather and everything on it now looks very old. Last spring it would start on it's own but since the weather has been cold I've had to jump it. It would always start very easily when I jumped it but now it won't start at all. When I try to jump it the engine will crank but it just won't fire. I've replaced the spark plugs, the spark plug wires and distributor-coil wire, the distributor cap, the rotor, and the condenser under the distributor cap. The tractor still won't start. I think I need to replace the coil but am hoping to solve the problem before I buy anything else. I'm not an experienced mechanic but I'm comfortable under the hood. Can someone please email me a good wiring diagram/electrical schematic or have any suggestions? HELP ME!!!

my email is: fcox01@cccapply.org

Frank Cox TO-35 4cyl. gas 6volt neg. ground - serial# 84543
Fred T. Hart Jr. I have a 1957, TO-35, with a 12 volt electrical system.

I would insure you have spark to plugs. I use a hot plug, Champion D-21
How old in fuel? Drain and replace if it has the funky smell. If not place a can of seafoam in fuel system.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: