30b with perkins leaking at injector pump

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

30b with perkins leaking at injector pump

Mattm I have a 30b with the perkins diesel that recently started leaking diesel from the top of the injector pump. It appears to be leaking around the shaft that goes into the pump from the throttle cable. Is there an o -ring etc around this shaft that can be replaced or is this going to need a new injector pump?

thanks

Matt

Geoff Gane There are o rings on the throttle shaft and they can be replaced easily if you are VERY CAREFUL in dismantling the top cover. When you lift the top you must take note as to the location of the spring inside....note which holes the spring is in or you will get into more trouble than you are trying to get out of....this is a problem that creeps up regularly on this site.....be sure everything is hospital clean before you begin to dismanle anything.....Geoff
Mattm thanks for the input. I havent decided if i want to give it a try myself or take it in. i am not the most mechanically inclined. thanks again. i at least know what i am looking at.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: