JD L110 stalls after 20 30 minutes

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD L110 stalls after 20 30 minutes

tom oshea My L110 lawn tractor runs ok for 20-30 minutes cutting deep grass - here in Florida. After that it starts to run rough and stalls. I've replaced the fuel filter, spark coil and fuel pump - no fix. I don't think its an electical problem because the L110 has a sort of magneto ignition - needs no external power and I've removed the cutoff wire to the coil. The gas level carburator bowl looks a bit low after it stalls but I can't figure out why with the new pump and filter - I've also tried it without the gas cap.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Jerry Make sure the cooling air intake screens and cooling fins on the engine heads are clean and allowing lots of air movement. It's also a good idea to allways blow down your engine [and tractor] with compressed air after mowing. It will make it last a lot longer. Might not be your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck, Jerry.
tomO Jerry,
Thanks I'll do that. As recommended in the manual I first checked the air intake and outlet and cleaned off the engine cooling fins.
It definitely acts like the tractor is getting too hot. Guess I don't really understand the relationship between heating up and stalling but guess that would take a mechanic.
I've got myself pretty well convinced that the gas level in the carburator bowl gets too low.
I will take the extra step and blow air across the engine.
Thanks again
Tom

Ranger Make sure the fuel cap vents are not plugged and preventing gas from being able to flow from the tank. If the tank looks like it is being sucked in then the vent holes are probably plugged. Replace the cap with a new one.
Jeff Tom,
Did you find a fix for your L110? I have the same issue with mine. I've driven it with the gas cap off to make sure that the vent was not an issue. I've replaced the filter and still no luck. I think it have to be something in the carb. I haven't yet taken it apart to see what I find inside but it's definitely running out of gas.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: