john deere stx 38

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

john deere stx 38

jay My stx 38 PTO shuts down after running for about an hour or so. It seems to be fine until it gets hot. I have installed a new battery thinking it might be that and it got better but still shuts of and on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jmax May be a problem with your coil.

If it gets too hot, it will shut down your mower.

You should do a continuity check on the coil when the problem occurs to see if it is the problem.

If you are not familiar with the procedure, either take it to a shop, deere dealer or buy a repair manual and it should help lead you through it?

Good Luck

Jeff I just finished with that same problem.....and it was the $40.00 coil. When it would get hot it would shut the motor down.
Bootsie My husband passed away in May and I never was taught to start this mower. Could you give me step by step how to do it?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: