4020 slow hydrolic

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4020 slow hydrolic

clint I have a 4020 when i hook the disk behind it the disk is slow to raise,i have changed the filters and it is full of fluid. Whats wrong?
JoeA Sounds like you need to turn the main hyd pump up. Be sure to read the manual on how to do this, and use a high psi gauge like the one at

http://www.findtoolsnow.com/Gauges-Filled.html

while turning the pressure up so that you don't overdo it. If the pump is already turned all the way up, then it could be your stroke control valve is bad (not that expensive to fix) or the main pump (pretty expensive and harder to fix). Start with turning it up, if that doesn't do it, try replacing the stroke control valve, which you won't even have to remove the front axle to do.

kyle have you adjusted the speed of the lift. There is a little lever under the operators seat. It is called the selector lever. Move up or down(i cant remember) and it will make raise and lower faster.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: