345 tansmisssion belt replacement

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

345 tansmisssion belt replacement

Dave I had to remove my old transmission drive belt because it is quite worn. I have purchased a new belt (part# M118048) to replce it with. I am struggling trying to get this new belt on. I was able to remove the old belt with no problems, but the new belt just seems too small. Do I have to remove the fan over the transmission pulley? I have tried putting this end on first then routing the belt back to clutch, but it just doesn't seem to reach far enough. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jack Remove the back deck/seat by removing the six bolts that hold it in place. Also disconnect the OSHA safety switch cable under the seat. Then you will be able to prop up the fuel tank to be able to see the fan and pulley assembly. There are holes in the fan/pulley assembly to place something like screw driver in to keep them from moving when you loosen the nylock. At this point you will be able to lay the drive belt over the shaft on the transmission and easily install the new belt. The new belts fit quite snug.
Russ Hi guys, I have a similar problem. After 12 years my drive belt finally broke. I was able to install the new belt some what easily by slipping it on the clutch then around the fan, one fan blade at a time without removing the seat. My problem is how to get the belt on the center small idler, there is a flange from the bracket in the way. I down loaded the belt diagram from JD and this flange appears to be opposite from mine. The original belt broke so I do not know it's proper routing. I tried to remove the pulley wheel but can't break the nut loose. it appears to me that the belt must go in between the pulley and flange. Any help or photograhs would be a big help. Thanks
Keith Hampton Hello fellows..

My belt has not yet broken, but is quite deaply cracked. Russ noted that he had down loaded a belt diagram, and i am interested in where he found this. I'd like to get a new belt on my 345 to avoid having to change it in a snow bank.

regards KH

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: