John deere l120 lawn tractor cuts out and sputters after using for approx 1and 1/2 hrs.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John deere l120 lawn tractor cuts out and sputters after using for approx 1and 1/2 hrs.

Ernie Gafford This tractor has a briggs and stratton 23 hp motor. After cutting grass for 1 and 1/2 hrs, it seems to choke down like it is running out of fuel . The tank is Half full when this occurrs. I have replaced the fuel filter,air filter and checked the cooling fins and it still acts up. Any suggestions?
Ron Replace the gas cap... the vent is clogged.
Sam Chang I am having a smiliar problem, but in addition, the tractor seems low on power when mowing. My L120 is on its 3rd year. I also had purchase the maintenance problem and had it on maintenance for the last two years. Any ideas?
SL Same problem. Found out it was the take up hose inside the gas tank. It has finally come unscrewed and fell out. The engince started sucking air instead of gas. Mine has fallen into the gas tank and I'm trying to figure out how to screw it back it. Very poor design since it's very very hard to get it screwed back into the top of the gas tank. You might try taking the gas cap off and by using a wrench/reach into the gas tank and screw it back in tight again.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: