JD 318 ignition problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 318 ignition problems

Branden Fonk I have had some problems with my JD 318 and I have been looking at some other forums and figured out that it must be the ignition control module causing the tractor to have no spark,but I am not sure how to get at the ICM,What do I have to do or take apart and if it is complicated or not

Ron Don't guess. Take it to a shop and let them fix it. Throwing parts at a problem is throwing cash away.
bontai Joe Unless you are comfortable with the process of pulling the motor, removing the flywhhel and dealing with a fair amount of wiring AND have a service manual handy, I agree with Ron on this one. I do a LOT of my own wrenching, but I'd be taking this to the dealer if it were mine. There are several possible causes and you can throw a lot of money at parts and still not have it running unless you are familiar with what each of the components does, and how to not accidently fry one while tinkering.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: