hydraulic hookup

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

hydraulic hookup

credwards@bellsouth.net I have a 2630 JD tractor. I was sold a rebuilt cutter with hydraulics. I can't attach the hydraulics. The tractor will not release the little ballbearings and accept the coupler. I have releaved the static pressure on both ends and work the levers to no avail. Is there a release or a foolproof method? The guy who sold me the cutter can make it work. But I have not seen how.
bontai Joe I'm more familiar with the little garden tractors, but on the thing you referred to as having the ball bearings, I'm thinking that there is a collar on the outside? Push this color in while inserting the hose fitting. Once the hose fitting is inside, hold it there while releasing the outside collar. That should do it (I think).
ross The 2630 uses John Deere hydraulic ends, make sure this cutter has the male John Deere ends on it. Your plugging the hydraulic hoses in to select control valve barrels, makes sure they are pushed all the way out tward the back of the tractor. You may have to pry them out or hit them with a hammer gently to get them out further. Then take the ends and push it in, then turn the levers on the bottom of the barrel housing. This will let the hydraulic oil flow from the Select Control Valve (SCV) to the barrels when the lever is engaged. The ball bearings your talking about are there when you push the hydraulic ends in they put pressure on the shoulder of the hydraulic end. Hope this helps.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: