Determining Value

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Determining Value

Neal Jennison My father has 1942, Series "M" John Deere Tractor that he is interested in selling. He bought it second hand in the 50's. He has the snow plow, garden plow and the harrow attachments. He is trying to determine a fair value for the set. He has someone looking at it now and would like find out what it is worth. The tractor runs, but needs some work that is beyond his ability to repair.
Jerry Hi, I can't help you with the value, but I'm sure someone will chime in with some good ideas. But your Dad's M is not a '42. Here is a link to a JDeere tractor site, and at the bottom of the page you will find some info for checking your serial number to see what year it is. Most of the JD serial numbers lists state the starting serial number for that year. I would blindly guess that your Dad's tractor should be worth a couple grand, depending on who's looking at it and what shape it's in. Good luck.

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td31.html

Neal Jennison Thanks Jerry! After I posted this, I did some more checking and found that his tractor model was built starting in "47". I took his word on the year, but that was what he remembers being told way back when he bought it. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help him.
bontai Joe Not being able to see it or hear it run, I can't offer any real guess at to what it might be worth. Typically on Ebay, vintage tractors that are not especailly rare and running go between $1500 to $2500 depending on condition. The exceptions are for years that have rare options, like wide front ends, or other factory options of which only a few were built in a specific year, and then the value goes up. Also if the attachments are original to the tractor and were bought at the same time, that would tend to push the price up. A really nice Deere M in excellent condition with new tires, and all parts original, no rust, might bring up to $5000, but again it's all about condition.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: