4010LP missfires

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4010LP missfires

Phil C When the engine is cold it runs perfect but after warming up it begins to stutter and misfire especially under load. Replaced all the electrical including distributor, new head gasket, valve clearance reset etc.. Don't think it's on the fuel end. This one has me baffled, any suggestions?
ross There is a diaphram that feeds the carburetor, if there is a tear in it that would be doing the same thing. Also take your governor cover off and spray some WD-40 or some other spray lubricant on the governor weights. Had the same symptoms as your describing.
Phil C Thanks Ross, I found the entire LP system to be in good shape but did have problems with leaks in the HP diaphram in the past. The governor appears to be functioning (I will bypass though to check). My governor is not that simple to open up and WD spray, would need to disassemble shafts etc.. Your suggestions were appreciated since it got me to eliminate those areas.
lonzo run a wire form your battery to the bat side of coil and see if that helps. your coil shouldn'
t be hot but very warm. there is a ristor bult on your switch that can go bad, your condser will give you fits. i found out that LP means lacking power and lots of problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: