John Deere 650 traactor question

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 650 traactor question

Alan My father has a 650 tractor with the 2-cyl yanmar diesel. I need to find out what the belt driven assembly is located on the starter side of the engine. Is this an impulse for the injector pump? It has an electrical connection on the back of it that shows no current with the engine turning over. The engine wont crank and I'm suspecting this is a signal for the solenoid in the injector pump to open.Hope someone knows,cause it will save me a lot of time taking stuff apart. Fuel clean,filter clean, no water in fuel. Somebody with a wiring diagram would really be appreciated if I could get a copy.

thanks
Alan

Dave Hi Alan, I have the same tractor. The assembly
you are talking about is the alternator. If your
engine won't crank you most likely have a dead
battery. Check your fuses, if all are ok replace the alternator. If your battery has gone completely flat you will need to replace that too. Hope this helps.

Dru I've just come into contact with a 650. It cranks, but will not turn over. It appears to have great compression and taking off the intake intake hose the glow plug can be seen to be glowing steady. Any recomendation as to a starting fluid? Just wanting to get a kick out of it to see if it is worth purchasing.

Thanks,
Dru

Brady Try bleeding the injectors.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: