John Deere 185 Lawn Tractor where does spring go?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 185 Lawn Tractor where does spring go?

Jon I have a 1990 John Deere 185 Tractor the spring for the height adjustment came off. I cannot for the life of me figure out where or what it connects to? The manual I have with it gives no info on this spring..Anyone know about this and what it hooks on to in order to hold the tension for the height??? Help me Thanks
ross Is it the spring on the cutting height gauge? If it is then one end of the spring attaches on the fender deck and the other one to the bottom of the gauge. You have to attach the spring to the fender deck and then slide the gauge with the other end of the spring onto the fender deck, then put your screw in. Hope this helps.
kelly this answer is not clear to me. My spring does not appear to be long enough. Can someone please expand on this

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: