JD X495 vs X595

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD X495 vs X595

Jack I am in the market for a new tractor and I am comparing the two tractors. I have 10 acres with lots of trees and some steep hills.

I like the idea of 4WD. But I can do without it, if the 495 can handle some steep hills. I also like the smaller turn radius of the 495.

So... Can the X495 handle some steep hills? Or would you go with the 595 for the 4WD?

Thanks,
Jack

Tim Boisvert 4WD is what I would want. I've owned several 2 wheel drive tractors and there are times (pushing a blade, climbing hills, traversing hills, etc)when more traction is desirable.

I'd gladly trade my 2 wheel drive, locking diff for 4WD.

Ike Hi Jack I bought a JDx485 2 years ago I have 7 acres that I mow and some areas are very steep too and it does the job very well its not 4wd either the only way to do it is to test it If it does not do the job JD will take it back .
Ike The X485 comes with a differential Lock and it works real find on the real steep slopes
jagalluzzo does anyone know what a good price for a x595 with 62" deck would be?

Thanks,
jack

Ike Acording to JDs website the X595 starts at over 13,000 dollars with a 54''deck thats with 4wheel drive I have a X485 with a 62'' deck 2wheel drive and payed 9,200 dollars 2 years ago its a lot of money but i need a tractor that will hold up over the long haul.
jagalluzzo Is 10800 a good price for a X595SE with 62" deck?

Thanks,
Jackie

servais I just paid 10,500 for one of the last 595's with o hours on it in the u.s. last month. nov 06. It has the 62 inch deck. I love it. I commercially mow with another guy and he has both the 495 and the 595. THe 495 will do just about any hill you got if you really know the mower. However with the 595 you dont even have to think just throw her in 4wd and goooooo! I really love the 495 for its turning radius on flat ground for going around trees (The all wheel steer model that is) It will work circles around the 595 on flat ground with stuff to maneuver around!
Jim Has anyone used the X495 with a snow blower or bucket? concerned again with it not being 4 wd will it handle the 47 " JD blower well enough. It does have the weight box for the back

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: