JD 5105 Engines

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 5105 Engines

R. White I'm looking at a JD5105 ,240hrs.on meter,org. owner. Tractor looks like it's been run in extreme dust conditions,doesn't show anyextreme wear,but when I checked engine oil,it was low ,something I found to be very odd on a newer tractor. Any Opinions would be Appreciated ,especially if you are a mechanic.
charlie was the engine oil black or fairly clean looking.i work on these machines and for the money they are great.how do the air filters look.what was the service interval like.if the service was kept up i wouldn't be afraid of this tracto even though the oil may bbe down alittle..
seminolewindranch these engines will use oil until 100-120 hours big mistake some make is changing the oil too soon when new, change only after 100 hours the first time. I would put a full change of break in oil in it and run it 100 hours before teardown, the rings take awhile to seat on these

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: