L110 won't start after storage

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L110 won't start after storage

Jeff Looks like the problem is that its got stale gas in the tank and i didn't add any stabilizer. Machine has sat for prob. 3 months.

Any suggestions on what the right sequence of steps to take might be? Tank is less than 1/2 full. Could I top off with fresh gas? Add a de-watering chemical? Clean Carb?

Thanks in advance.

ross There is only one way to do this. Drain all of the old gas out of the tank, replace your fuel filter, take the fuel bowl off of your carburetor to get the old gas out of it. If it still will not start or runs rough you might have to take your carburetor apart and clean it up.
tveenker Hey Jeff: If it ran on the gas 3 months ago - I don't think it's bad gas. Here's what I would try - remove the spark plug and poor/put about 1/2 teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole, re-install spark plug and see if it will start. I have done this many times with small engines. Sometimes they just won't draw the gas through the carb with "turn over" speed - by putting a small of gas right in the combustion chamber and getting it to run, a lot of times they will just keep on running.
greg don't need to drain gas or remove plug.
this model was leaned out severly and the choke system is not enough to start cold cold. so just remove the air cleaner and put your hand over the end of the carburetor ,this will help choke system.
also some may take up to 10 seconds to start.I think this is an carb engineering fault design.
This should do the trick for you.

Sean Jeff - did this work?

I also had stale fuel, tried starting. Now my starter won't click more than once.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: