318: how much is it worth?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

318: how much is it worth?

Emily My dad needs to sell a John Deere Lawn and Garden Tractor Model 318. From what I read on discussion boards, it seems to be a popular model. It runs fine, but he is moving to the city and needs to sell it. It is at least 20 years old. How much could he sell it for?
thank you,
Emily

bontai Joe In my part of the world (NJ/eastern PA) a rough running (some rust, a few dents, cracked seat, no working lights, no major leaks) 318 is worth around $1000. A nice condition machine can easily sell for up to $2000. One with less than 500 hours can bring $2500. If it has a front plow, add $400, a rear 3 point hitch, add another $400, a rear PTO, add another $400, a single stage snowblower, add $350, or a 2 stage snowblower add $1000. A mechanical drive rear tiller add $400, a hydraulic drive tiller, add $750. The prices for the attachments are all assuming that they are in very good condition (can still show some rust and wear, but not beat up) and operate. These machines are getting old, and have declined some in price during the last couple of years, but are still sought after. At the time they were built, there was nothing better on the market and it is hard to find machines even today that can do what a 318 would do.
JimKW I bought one last summer with 680 hours with a Snow Plow for $2300 and a rather beat up 214 with a snow blower in trade. The 214 needed some work, but I would have probably been better off to keep it and sell it myself, but I think I got a pretty good deal. The one I bought has very good tires, perfect seat, no rust and runs great. I can't believe how good it is at pushing snow and ice, and it is great for mowing.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: