332 glow plug light

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

332 glow plug light

Buddy Clayton Thanks for the info.ny idea how to turn the light off? Are the glow plugs supposed to be on during start only or all the time. This tractor runs well but seems to idle fast.The dealer I bought it from had just installed a new P/S cylinder for the customer when the man decidedto trade it in. they could'nt tell me any thing about the glow plug light.It has a 50 inch deck that the previous owner had galvanized. it's ugly but in excellent shape. I was loking for a 318 with P/S. this 332 semms to be about the same tractor but with a diesel eng.Can anyone tell me if the yanmar engs. hold well, and are parts available? Thank you.
bontai Joe I still have no answer on the glow plug light, but I can pass along some general engine info. The Onan's used in the Deere 318 typically last around 1500 hours +/- before needing serious work. The Yanmar diesels can go 4000 hours or more before needing the same work. That's the good news. The down side (and this ain't too bad) is that yearly maintenance is gonna be a little more expensive because of the need for changing fuel filters, antifreeze, and using engine oil rated for diesel engines. The really great part of running a 332 vs. a 318 is you will enjoy much more low end power, which is a big advantage in high load jobs like tilling, plowing soil, tilling, etc. If you are anywhere near PA, and decide you don't want the tractor, I'd like a shot at giving you your $800 back for it :)
bontai Joe A really good place to ask about the glow plug light would be www.weekendfreedommachines.ORG where the forum deals specifically with pre 1992 Deere garden tractors. There are several owners of the 330 and 332 that should be able to help you out.
Dale My 332 also has a reluctant to go out glow plug light thing going on. It is functioning normal until the plugs are de-energized a few seconds after start up and then I get about .1 Volt, just enough to light the lamp and it dimly glows. I am zeroing in on the Glow Plug Controller which look like it is just a relay ($55). Am I on the right track? I have the service manual and everything else checks a-ok.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: