Reversing the fan on a JD 455 23hp tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Reversing the fan on a JD 455 23hp tractor

Shawn Cox Can I reverse the cooling fan on my JD455? I have a Curtis cab with soft doors on my tractor. I have a front mounted 51" snowblower. When the snow blows back towards the cab the snow gets sucked into the cab around the doors, etc., due to the direction that the fan moves the air through the radiator. I do not want to cause any damage. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanx.....
Jimmy If you flip the fan around, it will still move air in the same direction. If the blades have a curve, they will move less air.
Paul

Not trying to be cute. But, Do you have the vinyl cover over the screen between your legs that blocks the airflow to the radiator? Just a thought. PAUL

Kyle Where would I look to find a fan with the blades that go the other way but still fits, I have tried electric fans but all are to thick any help would be appreciated

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: