new L110 vs. used LX176

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

new L110 vs. used LX176

gus frederick Shopping for tractor for yard and like creature comforts like hydrostatic trans. Got frightened off by the 1,800 price tag of L110 though. Neighbor has older LX176 38" with Kawasaki engine. Tells me it's better quality. Found one recently serviced for 1,200. A better buy??? Thanks for any and all opinions

bontai Joe The "LX" series are definitely better tractors than the "L" series. It's up to you to decide if an older, better tractor is a good choice over a new with warantee tractor. And that decision is gonna be based on condition, and price, and your tolerance for risk of breakdowns with the older machine. How old is the LX176? And what kind of condition is it in? Does it look like it got the oil changed regularly? not all bent up? Deck is reasonably clean and free of rust? If it were me, and the LX was 2-3 years old, that is probably what I'd choose, but I have a fairly high tolerance for possible surprise repairs, because I do my own work. You may feel different, and that's ok.
Gus Frederick Thanks,appreciate the feedback. Don't know how to find age of tractor though. Any suggestions regarding serial number location and determining age on LX176 ? Thanks.
bontai Joe The serial number is usually located somewhere near the ignition key. I don't know where to find the chart to date the numbers, but I'm thinking that at most, it is around 5 years old +/-
Tommy Rhea JR Why not go with a Cub Cadet 1000 series tractor? I believe you will get more bang for the money.
Tim Boisvert Tommy,
Is that used or new? Not familiar with Cub.

Steven LX is much older, but much better built. If in good condition it is worth more than a new L110.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: