Which model have the same parts

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Which model have the same parts

mike i have a 314 JD lawn mower which models have the same parts. I think mine was made in 1979. Thanks
bontai Joe Your 314 is similar to the 317, Kohler powered 316 made only in 1978, and the 300 and the 312. All front and rear attachments will fit, although since your 314 has only one pair of hydraulic outlest in front, it won't hydraulicly angle a front blade. Most of the cosmetic parts will fit all these tractors. I believe the rear axle and drive is the same as is the front PTO and mower decks. The 300s made later which include the Onan powered 316, 318, 322, 330, 332 still have some common parts, but the rear of the tractor is different. If there is a certain part you are looking for, I can be more specific.
mike Thanks for the reply! I was also woundering which engines would be the same as on my 314. Would the 300,312,316 and 317 be close, any others? Thanks again
bontai Joe I am not certain about the interchangability of engines between these. As a pure guess, I would think you could replace the 14 HP in yours with the 16 HP Kohlers in the 300 and early 316 and probably the 12 out of the 312. I don't know if the 17 HP will drop in without modification. If you run across a 17 HP, be sure it is a series 2 and not the early series 1 which had bad lubrication problems. Also check the drive shaft length between the different engines in case there is a difference. You could go to JDparts on line and spend a couple of hours doing the research on what is compatable.
bontai Joe For a treasure trove of info on these older Deere garden tractors, I can highly recommend visiting www.weekendfreedommachines.ORG and clicking on the model info tab at the top of the page. They also have a vast amount of repair/restoration info in their archives. The entire site is dedicated to the pre 1992 Deere garden tractors that you (and I) own. And the folks there are especially helpfull in passing on info.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: