F725

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

F725

MELISSA GODSEY we own a f725 mower that we do not use everyday as a commercial mower so it does not have excessive hours on it. This has plastic/nylon gears in it, which broke. The cam shaft needs to be replaced. They are replacing the plastic gears with steel gears. Wondering why they did not use steel in the first place. This is going to cost us around $850 to repair. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
treed The plastic cam gear has been an issue is several Kawasaki engines. Kawasaki probably used plastic instead of steel for the cam gears for several reason, most notably cost of material and manufacturing processes. Since the plastic cam gears fail way over the warranty period, they didn't lose any money to replace them since the cost is now up to the owner. Sorry that you had to experience this, but this has been common in certain Kawasaki engines.
MELISSA GODSEY I found a number for John Deere when I went to their web site having to do with their quality statement. I called and talked to a representative and John Deere has agreed to pick up part of the cost. They are paying for the parts and I am responsible for the labor.
They contacted the dealer where we are having it repaired and made these arrangements. I think this is just great!!!!!

bontai Joe I'm glad to hear you got Deere to help on the cost of repair! I'm gonna pass along this info to another person here that is having a problem with Deere. Even the best company makes a mistake once in a while. I hope you enjoy using your mower for many trouble free years!
rob rakovsky i have a front mount f725 ..............good machine. when installing the snow blower that comes with it i cant get the blower to lock in an elevated position. that means to move the unit with the deck up you have to constatly pull up on the left had knob. at the end of hours of blowing it gets tire some.

what am i missing. if you have a suggestion pls mail me directly

thanks

rob

C. Salaba I also own a JD F725 with a Kawasaki liquid cooled engine. I've been having a great deal of trouble with it not running properly. There are times it'll run perfectly for 2 or more hours & sometimes I can barely get it out of the shed. It'll start & about 5-10 min. starts to loose power & stops. Sometimes if I leave it sit for about 1/2 hour it'll run again. I've had a mechanic look at it & he's replaced the carbeurator kit, new float, new in-line fuel filter, new fuel lines, new plugs & a new fuel pump. What is wrong with it?
pk replace both coils.
mine had the same problem.
when it heats up the coils break down.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: