SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

One plug fouled on X300

Georgiaboy I have an unusual problem. One plug (left) on my JD X300 is always fouled sooty black; the other is normal. The fouled plug shows no signs of oil, just jet black soot, and the mower burns no oil between changes. I change the plugs when I do annual maintenance in the spring.
For troubleshooting, I've checked the spark on both plugs and both are good up to 20,000 volts. I just stopped there, no need to continue in my opinion. This is way past the Small Engine setting on the tester. I also checked compression and the 'normal' cylinder tested at 95 psi while the 'fouled' cylinder showed 120 psi - exactly opposite of what I was expecting.
I purchased the mower new about 5 years ago. It now has about 300 hours on it. And one plug is always fouled. Other than that, I can't tell it's affecting the operation/running in any way.
So, for the $64,000 question, what's causing this?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: