SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

X734 BLOWING IGNITION FUSE

TIM I have a X734 that is blowing the ignition fuse when the pto engaged. Originally I could mow for and extended period of time, as it progressed the time got shorter and shorterbefore blowing. I have removed the pto solenoid and engaged pto and it does not blow. All bearings on deck are good and blades turn freely. My question is, what in the pto or somewhere else that could be causing this problem?
duh.. If you took the sol. OUT and the PTO WORKS and doesnt blow the fuse.. ITS THE SOLENOID. or pinched wires to or from the solenoid.
Tim I've been
working on small engines for 35 years so there no need for the duh.... Sorry I removed the solenoid from rear pto engaged pto with only the solenoid attached not the pto.

jr in my experience, sometimes from the factory they route the wiring where the seat clamps down on the frame, occasionally, they sometimes pinch the wire, or expose the wire to the frame ground and cause it to short and pop the fuse, when you removed the solenoid there is a potential that you moved the wire enough so it was touching ground.
Take the seat off, and check under the fender and im almost certain you will find some sort of an issue under there

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: