SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John deere 3010 locking up

Greg Brangers My john deere 3010 locked up when coming to a stop. I had to back up to get it free then ran fine for about 4 miles down the road then did it again. Now the starter will not turn it over fast enough to start it if I turn the power take off on it will not turn over but may one turn then nothing.
ponymare Locking up coming to a stop sounds like brakes sticking. But not turning over could be a bad battery, bad cables, or starter. You didn't say weather it was a gas or diesel, so other things could be playing a part also.
IHTimmy Give me a call I come and look at it your father inlaw got my number or Andy has it
IHTimmy Yeah don't listen the ponymare if it was the brakes if you push the clutch down the engine keep running and your PTO well it could be something in the drivetrain in the PTO but that has a clutch on the back of the engine so it will release it it could be your hydraulic pump locking up you said you can turn one way and then quit but just give me a call you know who I am
ponymare He said the tractor locked up when he was stopping, never said the engine died. He said he backed up and it came loose, and he drove 4 more miles, till it done it again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: