SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 2020 started blowing black smoke and stoped running.

Floyd W. Boyett My faithful old John Deere 2020 started blowing black smoke and the motor stopped running. Tried to restart and engine seemed tight. I let it cool off for about 3 hours and tried again. It turned over slowly but it did start. I drove it slowly for about 2 hundred yards and it started blowing black smoke again and stopped. I was bush hogging at the time this happen. Engine oil was at the proper level and radiator was full. Fan belt not broken and oil pressure light did not come on. It seems as though the engine was getting tight. What could have happen? Help please. Floyd
stuart renouf sounds like the thing is getting too much fuel could have a full cylinder of fuel which will make it hard to turn over or a stuck valve not allowing exhaust or excess fuel to pass through I would pop the head and check the valves if it has a turbo that would possibly be an issue also blown injector filling up the cylinders ?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: