SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere Z255 engine stall

Ken My z255 engine stalls (only 40 hours of operation) and dies after cutting my field for around 30 minutes. If it cools down a few hours, it runs fine for half an hour and then starts stalling again. After preliminary reading, it can't be a plugged gas cap hole because I do not see that the z255 gas cap has a hole, which makes me wonder how the airflow is controlled in the tank. I doubt it's a fuel filter or air filter since 40 hours isn't much and they don't look dirty, and the problem seems more to do with heating up. Why would the air filter or fuel filter malfunction only after the engine heats up? I have read that sometimes a spark plug coil can cease functioning properly when when the engine gets hot, so I am inclined in that direction since the problem occurs only after the engine gets hot. Anyone else have this kind of trouble, and know of a fix?
ponymare Most twins have a coil for each cyl, and if the cap isn't vented, there has to be a vent hose, or vent port on the tank.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: