SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 5200 tachometer not working

Warren Drouhard Has anyone had experience with the electric tac on a John Deere 5200 not working? The hour meter functions but the tac does not register at all. What should I start in trouble shooting this problem?
jd5210 I would start by checking the speed sensor part number RE519144. Go to JDparts see URL below and you will see where it is located. NOTE the sensor puts out AC minimum is 1 Volt AC. With an ohm test the black wire out of the sensor to ground. The other wire (green on my 5210) runs back to the instrument cluster, unplug the cluster wires and ohm test it. If all looks good the problem is most likely in the cluster part number RE62203.

At least on my 5210 the hour meter runs off the voltage regulator signal.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Altr

Warren Drouhard Thank You for the information. I'll persue that.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: