SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2140 engine problem

Bob Have a 2140 with a knock at 1700 rpm and higher any speed under 1700 the engine runs like clock work changed fuel filter and cracked injector lines all ok removed rocker cover the top end looks normal no smoke on start up or running noise sounds like top end and back of engine any suggestions or thoughts thanks
ponymare Sounds like an injector knock or cracked piston, did you crack the lines with rpm's over 1700?
IHTimmy It sounds like a broken piston or a rod bearing get a clean bucket Drain oil into the bucket get another bucket and pour the oil into another bucket look while you're pouring the oil and see you can see any bearing the material in the bottom of the bucket and see what you get in the bottom you might have some rod brg material information it
Bob Thanks for the info i ran tractor up tp 1750 rpm and the knock was quite loud cracked inj lines and pounding reduced quite a bid when i cracked the line to back injector going to change the injectors and see what happens will keep you posted thanks
Bob Well i changed the back 2 injectors and checked inside with a bore scope all looked good inside back 2 cylinders drained engine oil and strained thru cloth no debris in oil at all still getting knock at 1700 and higher rpm on back and high end of engine going to drop pan and see if we can see anything does anyone know if this engine would have wet liners in it or anyother sugestions would be helpful thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: