SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 950 Problem

Sheldon I was using my front end loader to pull fence posts and noticed the hydraulics weren't really working well. Looked at the engine and noticed that fluid was pouring out the side of the engine out the tube. The hydraulic/transmission fluid is now low and when I checked the engine oil it was gushing out and very runny, not as thick as regular oil. Also, fuel level seems fine. Is it possible to lose hydraulic fluid into the engine? Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Thanks

Dale Sheldon there are some models of John Deere that have a steering pump in front of engine and the pump seal if it leaks will allow steering fluid (hydraulic) to enter the engine oil.

Yours is not one of them but a seal in the hydraulic pump could leak into the engine compartment. What do you mean working funny?

It would help to be a little more specific about that and the tube you noted, is it the dip stick tube you are talking about to the engine oil ?

howard irvine do 1988 john deere 950 utility tractors have a pto that does not go in gear with out the brush hog going in as you pull the leaver. it goes in very hard i have a 2 stage clutch

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: