SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD4230 hydraulic overfill

Dan V Very difficult to see hydraulic fluid level on stick and I overfilled to about an inch above fill line. Things seem to be working fine. Do I need to drain some or not worry about it?
Rick Don't worry about it. The only thing it may do is blow out a little at a vent until it gets down to where it wants the level. I ran mine over filled about 1.5 inches for over 8 years, it stayed that level never had a problem. The way I see it....better a little much oil than not enough.
Ed Your system is a loose package, if you add or take away a hydraulic cylinder or motor, you may have to add fluid to keep up the level to supply the addition. If you take something off line, you rear end housing which acts as a reservoir is large enough to accommodate the excess and not cause problems. Just don't add fluid to where its spills out the spout. Remember to change your filters and wipe your ends before plugging in, dirt hurts the system.
jerry I DRAINED ALL HYD OIL TO PUT BEARINGS IN AXELS AND NOW I CANT GET THE CHATTER OUT ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT END LOADER. ANY HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE---JERRY

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: