SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Shifter lingage

clayton I had a minor accident to my John Deer 2520 tractor.
It was merely a not to heavy beam landed on my roll bar then on me. Thankfully no damage to me or tractor.However the shifter linkage is not opertang correctly. It goes into high OK, but very difficult to get into low and nutural does not feel right.
Is there an easy way to adjust this?

Dale Clayton the transmission shift levers are moving the shift shaft with shift forks. The forks are held in place by set screws only. I the shifting is harder than before accident possibly the beam contacted the shift lever and forced it out of gear or something like that. Without knowing the set up on your tractor it is very difficult to diagnose.

Do you have hydraulic PTO? knob is on the top of shifter case, do you have hi-lo and reverser, how many shift levers are there on the top of the transmission, is it 4 wheel drive. Those are set up differently so I would need that however you name a high and a low, does this mean first gear or fourth or is it the hi-lo shift lever. One on left side and one on right side?

Either way the top of the transmission may have to come off so gaskets and O-rings will be needed.

ponymare Is your shifter on the right side dash, if so, you may have to remove the cowl piece, that will give you access to the shifter linkage, you should be able to see if or what is bent or broke.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: