SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2140 tractor eng

J Pen Ive got a 2140 that blows coolant out of the rad after using it abit, the temp is just starting to come up when it starts doing this so I watched last time when I started it and not long after the coolant starts bubbling, I put a coolant psi tester on it and watched it keep building up to a high psi point and shut it down, seems maybe a head gasket problem but wondered if it could be a cracked sleeve or injector sleeve if it has those, no water in the oil so pulling the pan may not be necessary , any suggestions would and thanks in advance for any response.
Roy Sounds like a blown head gasket to me. I don't
know of anyway to find out except remove the head and be careful when you do, don't damage the gasket so you can exam it for a leakage area. The only other thing I can think of would be a cracked head.

J Pen yes I will take it into a eng machine shop to make sure its not cracked or warped and thanks for your input , much appreciated.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: