SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

310B wont thrttle up only idles

Rob Hello any info would be great.my 310B backhoe wont throttle up I have been working on it it sat dead for 15 years I put new fuel pump on new filter took off and clean the check valve on the fuel return line clean the inside of the injecter pump tested the celinoid idk maybe its weak but has power I have the hoe starting and idle's good runs good but wont throttle up linkage is moving any ideas any one lol
thepumpguysc You say the linkage is moving..
I assume you mean the external linkage??
Remove the top cover again and make sure the INTERNAL linkage is moving..
It sounds like the metering valve inside the pump is stuck in the idle position..
I would remove the return connector [check ball]
entirely from the system while doing the diagnostics and let the fuel flow freely..
Reinstall after you have it running correctly.

Rob ok thepumpguys I will prob do it tomorrow then ill repost and let you know
Louis I have a JD 1984 310 b it won't stay runing.I fire it up it runs but not for more than a few seconds then dies. I replace the fuel/water seperater and the shutoff solenoid that sit under the cover of the injection pump housing, check all fuel line and made sure I'm get fuel from my tank to my pump to my injection pump to my injectors and everything was getting fuel also made sure my return fuel line wasn't clogged and flooding out the motor everything seem to check. Any ideas what may be going on?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: