SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

john deere lx255

steve harvey My John Deere LX255 started smoking quit running. I parked it and alot of oil has leaked out around the engine. Now it starts runs for a few seconds smokes and then quits. I have not changed the oil filter for years. I am going to change the oil filter and change he oil, but Im afraid to start it again. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help and time.
ponymare Its just paying you back for all the neglect it got.
Butch Change the air filter and see if that helps any.
If the smoke is white it may be unburnt fuel because of lack of air.

Butch I don't know how they vent the crankcase on that engine but make sure that system is clean also.
Could be part of the oil leak problem.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: