SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

john deere 2950 hard clutch

Jeffrey Gilmore I just purchase a John Deere 2950 cab tractor and the clutch is extremely hard to push in and hold. It has the master cylinder and slave cylinder and they seem to be working properly but the clutch is just stiff. This is a early model with no way to greese the release bearing. Any ideas?
Dale Jeffrey; your tractor has a power shift with reverser doesn't it? If there is a reverser the engine clutch is called a engine disconnect clutch and it is only used to tow the machine in the event it would stop and need towed somewhere.

Clutch stiffness could be attributed to the mechanical pivot points between the disconnect clutch pedal and the actual fork moving the pressure plate diaphragm. If it doesn't slip while in a higher gear when applying a load then the disconnect clutch is fine.

Let me know if that doesn't apply to yours.

Jeffrey Gilmore No reverser on this tractor . Just hi-lo shifter and standard clutch.
ponymare Is there a rubber line connecting the master to the slave, if so, it may be collapsed.
Jeffrey Gilmore It has the rubber line but when I unhook the slave cylinder from the clutch rod it is easy to push the pedal in
ponymare But the line could still be part way blocked, causing the use of more force to work the slave.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: