SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 7710 Powershift rough shifting

lucas Hi
I have JD 7710 tractor with pst transmission. I have problem with changing gears from 16 to 15 nad from 7 to 6 reverse, tractor momentarily stopped and feel like you will jump by the window. All rest gears are good and changing very smooth. i have ckecked the pressure all was good, no error codes present. Where i can search reason for that? Any advice would be appreciated.

Dale Lucas; that sounds electrical due to momentarily stopping, like when you drive and lift slightly off the seat switch shifting through the gears. At the time the glitch becomes evident can you look at the code flasher light or is it a problem that comes back and works sometimes.

It would be easier if you get the tires off the ground front and rear and run the tractor through the gears and watch pressure on the clutch packs as you are going through the gears.

The code light should pick up any electrical problems but it doesn't sound like it's a clutch pack problem. Look in your technical manual and view the pack combinations and see if mechanically the clutches are valved together hydraulically.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: