SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2640 warning light flasher

Duane Can anyone tell me where the warning light flasher is located on a John Deere 2640?
Dale Duane: I see a flasher next to the ignition key switch, it is a light flasher under the instrument panel but you indicate a warning light flasher. There is a serial number break on your tractor so which warning light is the flasher you are talking about, there are relay's that control circuits, send back your PIN # and which warning light it is, I assume it may be the main brake and parking indicator but I only see one flasher in that tractor.

Duane The flasher I am looking for is the one for the warning lights on the fenders.
Dale
Re: 2640 warning light flasher

Duane: Up to serial #340999 this is the flasher number, AU41465 FLASHER so if that is your tractor it is attached via. wire to the switch and it appears to be very close to a switch that rotates it appears. After serial # 341000 it may be different and I will need to look that one up. I just guessed on your tractor being an earlier model 2640. If it is a different tractor let me know.

Duane thank you Dale. After tracing the wires I discovered that someone had removed the flasher. I found 2 wire connectors with nothing attached. Plugged in a flasher and the lights worked fine. Thank you again for your help.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: