SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4630 pto and clutch psi adjustments

J.Pen I've got a 4630 split here and the pto clutches are fried,the main clutch discs look as good as new they measure up to spec but before I split it I took psi and all 3 ports read 135 psi when spec I think is somewhere around 180 ,my question is how to adjust reg psi to spec,Idont know if I have piston seals leaking since all three,clutch,pto and brake are at the same psi I am making an assumption they are not,also can I take my flywheel in together with my clutch assy to get it set up by the dealer or does it have to be done on the tractor? thanks in advance for any help.
Charley You have to remove the clutch pressure plate and
clutch disk to get to the bolts that hold the flywheel to the crank. So to answer you clutch
question. The flywheel has to be mounted first,
then the clutch. so no you can't take the flywheel in and have the clutch set up on it. you
would never get it back on the crankshaft.

J.Pen I have it apart and I know I couldn't install it assembled , what about adjusting psi on the reg psi circuit is there an adjustment that can be made?
J.Pen what works to set up the clutch fingers if you dont have the tool is to take the whole assy with flywheel to the dealer,they set up the finger height for you and all you have to do is remove just the 6 bolts that mount it on the flywheel and then you can mount the flywheel and bolt the clutch assy back on

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: