SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 8300 abnormal leaks from input shaft of power shift transmission

lucas
John Deere 8300 abnormal leaks from input shaft of power shift transmission

Hi Guys!
I have problem witch my John Deer 8300. Well some time ago I saw that out of the input shaft goes oil. This is a problem because I guess it shouldn't. I've got John Deere 8300 with power shift transmission. In front of input shaft there is a Hub an pipe with goes trough into the shaft. I add a picture with pointed the abnormal leaks. Maybe You have ideas what is the problem?? Second question is what for John Deere engineers have made this pipe??

Thank U for answering me!!

Best wishes from Poland

Lucas

Mike Does this area with the leak feed another part of the tractor? If not is there a plate mounted
in the end of the shaft to block the oil?

lucas Thank You for answer me. This tube doesn't feed any other equipment with oil. And there is no plate in the end to block the oil. We tried to mount something to block oil, but it was even worst. I have found out that it is a ventilation tube. Any ideas why it leaks??
Mike NO Idea why it leaks. One thing could be the
fluid is over filled. Another could be the wrong
fluid and it is foaming causing the leak. Foaming
will cause the oil level to rise and act like it's over filled. If you block off a vent it will
cause pressure inside the tranny and make fluid
come out worse.

Brian Did you ever find out what was causing this. I have a JD 8400 doing the same thing.
carlos aponte tengo un john deere 8400 con fuga por el eje de entrada de la transmicion

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: