SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 1020 Hyd leak

Fixincat Working on a 1020 that owner says the gasket between rockshaft housing and trans housing keeps blowing out. He has replaced 4 times with OEM parts. Seems that there is a passage with a seal ring. On the right side, above the foot rest. This is where it continues to leaks. Owner says it " blows out"? Anyone heard of this or have any ideas? Is it return oil? could there be a stuck relief? Thanks in advance!
Dale G. Basgall Fixincat : The rockshaft piston and cylinder are mounted underneath the seat inside that cover. There is a passage for hydraulic oil to flow through the transmission case and up into that cover. Maybe the surfaces are not cleaned or maybe there is some damage to either the cover or top transmission surface.

I think there is a rubber O-ring up in that cover.

There should be a port that you can test the system pressure on the rockshaft cylinder, it should be system pressure about 2800psi I think.

FixinCat Dale, Thanks for your info. You are correct there is a seal ring that is countersunk in the trans housing. I would call it a "straight cut" seal ring, more so than an o-ring.
You are also correct about the surfaces not being clean, I havent been there for the last 4 attempts. His 3pt lift also stopped working after the last try, Im thinking that the draft control lever was out of place, is this possibly the cause? or has he caused other damage? thanks again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: