SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Blowing white smoke till engine warms up.

Curt Ramsey JD 425 is blowing white smoke until it warms up then runs fine. Had a problem with it building a cloud a couple of years ago, and the water pump was bad.No oil in the water and no water in the oil. Just smokes like crazy until norma; operating temp is achieved.
Dale G. Basgall Curt : What engine do you have in that one?
Curt Ramsey Sorry Dale for taking to long to get back to you. It is the Kawasaki motor. Been working on the JD 425. I put a new water pump on it again, and it stopped smoking all of the time. But it still smoked at start up until operating temp was achieved. While it was running you could smell and taste the antifreeze, kind of a sweet metallic taste. So I put a head gasket on it and just got it back together today.

Here is the kicker, as I was putting antifreeze in the radiator, I looked down and antifreeze was coming out of the top of the carb. ???? Drained the oil and had it in the oil, pulled the plugs and had it in both cylinders. I think a cylinder sleeve is cracked or the block is. Have you ever heard of this? We have a project 455 with the same motor that was locked up,got it for $300. and I suspect the water pump, was bad or something similar to what is going on with the 425. Thanks for your time, a real butt scrather. It is my Dads tractor, he is 79 and lost without it...lol

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: