SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

stx38 john deere, engine stahls when engaging blades.

joe why does my john deere stx38 stahl out when engaging my magnetic clutch for blades?
Dale G. Basgall joe : There are several safety switches that are inline, meaning one is connected to the other and then to the next and so on. When one fails no matter which one it shuts down the electrical system.

If the tractor is running your seat switch most likely is working, when you put your pto on and get off the seat it should shut off your tractor.

Make sure the seat switch is plugged in and working, if you need more assistance don't hesitate to write back.

Dale G. Basgall

joe hey dale its joe, i was wrong when i put stx38, its actually an stx46. but its still the same issue. the engine runs great, but as soon as i engage the electronic clutch for the blade engagement the engine stalls out everytime. i can visibly see and hear the the clutch try to engage so i know power and ground are there. its as if the clutch is just worn out and not engaging properly. i dont want to just replace the clutch and not have that be the issue.

bontai Joe I'm inclined to think safety switch also, but there is another possibility. Somewhere between the PTO and the mower blades, something could be locked up. Could be a frozen bearing somewhere, or 30 feet of wire wrapped around a deck spindle, or the PTO bearing itself might be seized.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: