SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

316 no electric

Ronald Cutler I just got a JD 316, turns over, but will not start, no spark, or electric anywhere, If I run 12V directly to starter, it turns over, don't know where to start. This tractor is nothing like my 140. so i guess i need a wiring diagram. does the black box control everything? any help would really be appericated. Thanks Ron C.
Dale G. Basgall Ronald : Does the engine rotate using the ignition key switch ? If not there are several safety switches that allow starter solenoid current to flow.

First is the seat switch under the seat, make sure it's plugged in and working. Try to start the tractor with the brake pedal pushed in.

Try that and if you need to go further write back on the forum.

Ron Cutler Thanks Dale, I bypassed the seat switch, & made sure the brake pedal was down still no fire, can't get any curent thru the electrical system,. Ron C.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: