SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4300 fuel shut off solenoid

Dean Steinman Having trouble with fuel solenoid on 4300 not opening intermittently for three years. Problem has existed despite changing solenoids, new battery, fuel for different areas, service by two different dealers. Sometimes it will eventually start after sitting - sometimes not. Sometimes removing the solenoid and depressing the plunger will permit starting - sometimes not. Must have spent a thousand dollars and it's doing it again after a new battery and solenoid four months ago.
thepumpguysc I searched for your engine by typing jd 4300 injection pump and found the answer to your question on tractorpoint.."hard to believe"..
Personally, if it were mine, I would remove the plunger and turn the idle screw down low enough to shut the engine off..

Big Mac Common problem, oil gets inside solenoid and when it cools down oil gets thick and the shaft on the solenoid will not pull back due to oil! Clean out by depressing small shaft and use WD40 and when it comes out clean it will work fine! Trick is to keep engine oil clean! If you need to start right a way use hair dryer on high for about two minutes and don't burn the wires connected and it will start. You can buy aftermarket $68.00
Mac I had the same problem as Big Mac and used a whole can of WD40 and has been O.K. for over two years. You can also use a heat gun or hair drier on it with the ignition off for about 4 to five minutes then you can start it up. Every 200 hours I change the engine oil and n more problems!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: