SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

401c

Rocky Our 401c runs good for about an hour. After that the hydraulics stops working. The power steering gets hard and the bucket won't lift. We have changed out all of the fluids and replaced. We have changed filters. The pump in the front starts to growl after about an hour of use. The tractor goes put the bucket and three point hitch will stop working. If I throttle down and sit for a minute the bucket starts to move but it is jerky. Is there an adjustment I need to be aware of? Does the pump need to be rebuilt. The tractor has 3600 hrs.
Leonard There is a screen in the very bottom of your transmission case. Did you remove it and clean it? This screen is on the main suction for your pump. If you haven't cleaned it, then I would suspect it is your problem. What happens is, when you let your machine sit for a while or even over night, all the debris that is sucked in tight on this screen will fall off and it takes about an hour for the trash to build up again and clog the suction line. If this has been done and you are still experiencing a problem then it obviously is deeper. And that could be any number of things. Good luck!!
Dale G. Basgall Rocky : Leonard is right on track that is the first step to evaluating your situation. I have sent you an e-mail regarding this but if you need any assistance further do not hesitate to get on the site forum, we can help you further.

Dale G. Basgall

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: